BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Last Day

Brandon found out yesterday that he's leaving tomorrow morning. And by morning he means 1:30am. We decided to not even try to sleep because really, what's the point? Luckily today he has only a half day (if everything goes well) and then we have errands to run, laundry to do, last minute packing to finish and figuring out what's for dinner... then he leaves. Of course in between we'll watch his last Netflix and last night's episode of Lost.

I feel like I should feel more panicky by now. Maybe I'm just used to him leaving. Isn't that sad? There's also the fact that even though he's leaving we've been through it before so we can get through it again. It's only like 7 or 8 weeks, right? I can handle that. There are worse things in the world than that.

Like I said before, I'm more worried about being bored. However, I did get a call back from the Outdoor Recreation Center here to be a guide on adventure tours around the island - how fun! We'll see if that pans out. It won't pay much but it'll give me some money that I can use towards my trips and my writer's conference.

Other things I have planned for when he's gone included...

1. Starting that awful revision of my novel (you'll be getting a copy to read early March, Mom!)
2. Playing some video games (Hours and hours can be spent on Sims2 and WoW)
3. Working on other writing projects
4. Reading lots and lots of books
5. Watching TV and movies, haha
6. Working on my website, www.chantalmshelstad.com (Don't worry about looking, there's nothing there)
7. Training that darn dog of mine
8. Wearing that dog out with some hikes and beach time and fetch time at the park
9. Trying to make some friends, joining clubs, volunteering, etc.
10. Oh, and working out and stuff.

Doesn't seem like much but it'll keep me busy for most hours of the day. I'm sure there will be some days that just drag on but at least I'm expecting it!

Ugh, that darn dog of mine is eating poop again...

2 comments:

Z said...

If you need an extra set of eyes to read over drafts and revisions or whatnot, or you want any feedback at all, feel free to let me know. Always willing to help out a fellow writer. :)

Chantal said...

Thanks! I might send it out to you. I have only one other reader and that's my mom haha. Since Brandon's gone he can't read it. It wouldn't be for a few weeks - I want to go through it and do a rough edit before diving into revisions.