Monday, March 15, 2010

What a weekend!

Since our husbands are gone with no communication, us wives have been banding together to keep busy. I was super busy all weekend and the time is just flying by, I can't believe it. Let me give you the rundown.

Friday: Brandon called at 3:30am for his last call, aw. In the morning I went down to the Pearl Harbor area to the dog beach. I go every week now with my friend Michelle so our dogs can run around. We stood out there for two hours, got sunburnt, and then went to eat some lunch. Maybe 4 hours together? I dunno, we spent the whole time talking. Afterwards I had to head home to shower and get ready for a dinner with the Battalion Commander's wife. She invited all the LT wives to dinner. It was expensive (average of $15.99 per meal), but whatev, and I felt out of place because I wasn't dressed as nice (what, tshirt and jeans don't work for everything?). Anyway, it seemed everyone there was best friends except me, but I knew a couple girls so we chatted it up. Finally I got myself out of there and managed to go home to rest.

Saturday: In the morning Dexter had his AKC S.T.A.R Puppy Exam. He passed (it was ridiculously easy), yay. We went home and waited for a bit. Then my three friends and I got together (Michelle, Courtney, Christina with her 5 month old Marcus), and we headed down to Barnes and Noble where there was a book signing for Dog the Bounty Hunter! Sadly, we didn't see him because the line was long, the rules were dumb (had to buy the book, no posing, no talking really...), and we just didn't feel like it. Instead we walked around the mall, ate at this wonderful build-your-own-burger place, and then went off to Babies R Us (since all my friends have babies or are pregnant!). Then we grabbed a pizza from Costco, had a movie night where we didn't even watch the movie (how do you get anything done with a bunch of women in a room?), and called it a night late.

Sunday: I finally cleaned my house a bit before my friends drug me out to the Farmer's Market. After that we went to the beach and laid around for a little bit soaking in the sun. After the beach it was back home where I did some laundry, watched a movie, relaxed mostly. Then it was back to Christina's house for dinner and watching The Pacific and Minute to Win It, neither of which we watched really. Back home, relaxing, then bed. Wow, what a weekend!

Now I need to get some work done on my novel before yoga, then more work, and then in the afternoon we're going in search of the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean, and maybe some malasada's for a treat. Yum. :)