BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Food!

So our anniversary dinner was AMAZING

I had to work until 6pm, so I was looking for a good restaurant to go to. A coworker suggested Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. At first I thought "Great!" then I thought about the price and was like "Hm..." and then I decided "Let's do it." (Pretty much). So I made a reservation for 8pm.

We dressed up (well, aloha shirt for Brandon, a summer dress for me), drove downtown and checked into the Hale Koa hotel for the night, and then walked over to dinner. We got seated in this comfy booth. The lighting was dim, romantic, the music wasn't loud, and it had a good atmosphere. First, the water guy came over and brought bread. He asked us if we'd like bottled water or ice water (huh). We just chose ice, it's easier.

Our waiter came over. He was a nice guy who we later found out lived in Colorado Springs for some time. We ordered a bottle of White Zinfandel, probably the cheapest on the menu but it's my favorite wine. He poured our glasses for us and continued to refill them, we didn't have to touch the bottle once! The manager even came over twice to help us out.

I had a coupon for a free appetizer (hey, I can bring coupons to fancy restaurants), so we got some calamari. It was fantastic. Then we both ordered a 3-course meal for $45. We got salad with a creamy lemon basil that was light and not overpowering. Then came our entree. Brandon got a rib eye and I got a veal chop. They both were cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. The last part we had strawberry sorbet that tasted divine.

The waiter had asked if it was our anniversary, so at the end of our meal he brought over some chocolate covered strawberries and some sparkling wine, on the house. The strawberries were perfect! I was pretty full but I devoured it all. I loved it!

The great thing we liked about being there is that they didn't rush us. We had plenty of time between all our food to relax, talk and digest. We spent more time at that restaurant than we do anywhere else. It was comfortable, they were accommodating, and the food was excellent. After dinner we went back to the Hale Koa to relax and eventually made it to bed.

It was a fantastic anniversary!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ruth's Chris is AMAZING!! B and I went there in Honolulu a few months ago and it easily became our favorite place ever. The food was incredible, the staff was fantastic, everything was just perfect (except the price, of course). It will be a great special occasion place for us.

Lacey said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one who isn't embarrased to use coupons!! I've never used one at a fancy restaurant though. :P