BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Has it been that long?

- It's been 3 days since I blogged, and my last blog wasn't so exciting.
- I haven't written anything in novel/story form in a few weeks now.
- I haven't picked up dog poop or mowed in 2.5 weeks, or so.
- I haven't watched TV in like 3 weeks, except for small doses of The Soup, Glenn Beck and one episode of Glee.

Today we did professional photos. This is something I really wanted to do before Brandon deploys. We tried to do it last week but the girl ended up going to the hospital - yikes! She was great, though, and I'm excited to see how the photos turn out. Don't worry, don't worry, I'm going to post some online. It'll probably show up on my deployment blog!

This weekend is just filled with stuff, but it's enjoyable stuff. My friend had her baby shower today. Two of my friends are due the same day, both with boys, and I can't tell you how excited I am! They keep threatening me with baby sitting, diaper changing, and baby holding duties, but it doesn't scare me. I'm very excited to meet these little boys finally!

Tomorrow we're going to scuba dive Three Tables again. Have I mentioned that place yet? It's a great dive site! We're going with a buddy from Brandon's work. By the way, Brandon is no longer a Platoon Leader. He switched jobs back to HHC and is working in the S3 shop. That's fine, I like desk work for him when he's deployed! Oh, I can count the days on all my fingers and a few toes...

Monday is a day of doctor's appointments, errands and... well, that's all. It's super busy, you should see my list. I'm excited for Wednesday, though, because I'm meeting a friend at the dog beach. Yay!

All in all, life is good. D-day looming, I got emotional yesterday, but that's how it works. I'm not scared, I'm anxious to just get it started. The anticipation is worse. Though I imagine a couple months from now I'll be hating it. Luckily, I have a two week vacation a month after he leaves to keep me busy. That'll be good! I no longer have a writer's conference (got cancelled, boo), but I have a sister coming to visit in October and a trip back to Colorado for Christmas. Also, I have a great group of friends.

There I go, rambling again! I have blogs to read!

1 comments:

Marissa said...

Can't wait to see your photos...I'm definitely thinking of you through this whole pre-deployment stuff! I hope you enjoy your time with Brandon....Sounds like you're going to be keeping busy...Awesome :)