BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 25, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Before I get started, I'd like to say a big THANKS to all my blog followers! I appreciate your wonderful comments and words of advice. You're so great! Thanks for following this blog and thanks for following my other blog, which will be starting very soon. Just... thanks. :)

Wife of a Sailor has started a new thing called MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. Just answering some questions so we get to know each other better. I don't usually do these things but I felt like blogging today and since I didn't have much to say, here are some answers to some questions!



1. How did you and your spouse/significant other meet?
We were both in the same ROTC program at the same university. He was very shy (sort of still is) and I was a bit of a flirt to him, haha. He would stand behind me in formation and I would say "You stand there so you can look at my butt *wink*" and he would say "Nope, I stand here so I can see" (since I'm short and he's not!). We'd giggle, it was cute. I had boyfriend's though and even when I didn't, he was nervous about making a move.

That first year of school I have good memories of him, all with ROTC events. Like when we went skiing in February 2006 and he stayed behind with me. Or at Spring FTX and I realized I really really liked him. He was horribly sick, but he put up with me. Oh, and when I had surgery and he defended me because I couldn't run. I remember paintballing with ROTC, and him, and Brandon showing me the cool new pistol he had (and still has). He promised me he'd bring me shooting for my birthday (which he did in September after we started dating, even though my b-day is in April).

In May 2006, I ended up confessing my love to him ;). Ok, I called him and said I liked him. He then asked me out on a date. We got married two years later! Wow, this section was longer than I anticipated...

2. What is the best thing about being a MilSpouse?
The benefits? Hehe.

I think the best thing is the the community. I love that I have this great group of friends who are all in the same boat as me. It's hard for me to describe right now (mostly because I'm watching Brandon drag Dexter in circles with his rope toy...) but it's this overarching community in the military life that is just... awesome. I love that as a military spouse you can fit in so well on post, online, on a blog and a forum. The support the community offers is phenomenal. We're all in it together.

3. What is the hardest thing about being a MilSpouse?
I would say deployments, but I don't know if that's it. It's the anticipation of separation. I know he'll be gone and it makes it hard on life sometimes. It's like I'm scrambling for all the time I can get. I put life on hold so I can spend as many moments with him as possible. Military spouses aren't like regular spouses. We don't have tons of girl nights because we want to spend each night with our spouse. We don't like to miss any moments with them. This makes it hard.

4. What is your favorite dish?
The ones in the backyard that give me my TV?

Woo, I'm in a joking mood today! I just asked Brandon what my favorite thing to eat is and he said "Peas." Well, I do like peas... actually, I love them! Today I'm gonna say my favorite dish is the Fried Eggplant and Gorgonzola meal at Auntie Pasto's. It's so delicious! Now something I make? I have no idea! I make a lot of great dishes that I crave all the time. I've become a very good cook.

5. If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?
This is a toughy. Today I say... corruption. I want to get rid of corruption in our world leader's. I'm not going to elaborate because I don't think I'm an expert on this (my knowledge comes mostly from Glenn Beck and my husband, haha), but the loss of corruption would help the world out a bit!

5 comments:

navynest said...

Oh! I like your answer to #5 - I had a hard time with that one!

Glad I found your blog!

Anonymous said...

Great answers! Good luck during the deployment. :)

Anonymous said...

First of all... LOVE your "how we met" story.

Second... OMG. I wrote that dish question wondering if someone would say something about a kitchen utensil... I NEVER thought of the dish on the roof! Awesome!

SpitFire said...

Good answers!!! And your brief aside about your hubby dragging Dexter in circles cracked me up. :)

Ashley said...

I agree, the anticipation of deployments is almost worse then them actually being gone. And then the anticipation of them coming home. I am in a crappy mood 203 weeks before he gets home b/c at that point I am just done with the whole deployment!! And I agree with #5!! Good answers!