BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 28, 2010

O Canada!

In exactly one month, I go on a two week trip to Canada!



Can you tell I'm excited? I seriously haven't been to Canada for 7 (8?) years, and it's been too long. People always call me a Canadian and I haven't stepped foot inside the country for close to a decade. Geez, a decade? Anyway, I'm super excited. As many of you should know, I was born in Canada and moved to the US when I was 12. My entire family (save for my sisters and parents) live in Canada. Most of them in the greater Ottawa area. So that's where I'm headed!

My cousin is getting married July 31 and my sister, seeing as Brandon is deploying, suggested I go on a trip. I asked Brandon (I didn't have a job then and those plane tickets cost a bunch) and he said sure! He even said I should go for two weeks instead of one since I'm flying all that way.

I have plans to visit museums, Parliament, my old "digs" and of course, all that family of mine. I'm gonna miss my puppy (and maybe that cat...) but it'll be a wonderful trip and something to keep my mind off Brandon being gone.

Yay for Canada!

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Hurray for Canada!

I saw your name, and thought "..Canadian perhaps?.."

We are from the "Ottawa Area" too :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh I LOVE Canada. I wish I could come with you. I was born in Canada but have lived in the UK since I was 2 yrs old. I go back 'home' as often as I can. Have a wonderful time :O)

Sandra said...

Have fun in Canada! I lived near Ottawa for 11 years! I know you'll have a great time, and it's a good way to get your head out of the "deployment" mindset for a little while (I was a military wife for 15 years).